Aviation review site, Skytrax, has recently compiled a list of the Top 10 Airports in the world. Below we’ll take you to the terminals and the tarmac as passengers share their experiences around the airport.
1. Changi Airport
Singapore’s Changi Airport is one of the busiest and well loved, having won over 470 awards since 1981 for its service, design and facilities.
2. Incheon International Airport Incheon International Airport is the largest airport in South Korea, and has its own golf course, spa, sleeping rooms and ice skating rink.
3. Munich Airport
One of the busiest airports in Europe, Munich Airport served 39.7 million passengers last year.
4. Hong Kong International Airport Also known as Check Lap Kok Airport, it replaced the Kai Tak Airport and is one of the world’s busiest cargo gateway.
5. Tokyo Airport Haneda
Tokyo’s International airport has the capacity to handle 90 million passengers per year, and is the second busiest airport in Asia.
6. Zurich Airport Zurich Airport is Switzerland’s largest international airport and serves most of the country.
7. Chubu Centrair International Airport
Built on an artificial island in Ise Bay, Centrair is a first class international airport.
8. London Heathrow Airport Heathrow is Europe’s busiest passenger airport. It handled 73.4 passengers in 2014 and is the third busiest airport in the world.
9. Amsterdam Airport Schnipol
The main international airport of the Netherlands, Amsterdam Airport Schnipol was named after Fort Schnipol, and competes with Heathrow Airport as one of the busiest passenger terminals in Europe.
10. Beijing Airport Beijing Airport is Asia’s busiest passenger airport. Last year alone they served over 86 million passengers.