When was the last time you genuinely had fun at work? Does the prospect of working at a proper rocket-propelled start-up excite you? Have you cracked it once before and want to prove you can do it again, or maybe you’re looking to challenge yourself by taking the next step in your career? Well, we’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to help take us to the next stage in our growth - and have fun doing it.
Local Measure is an exciting SaaS company building next-generation customer experience and engagement software for the world’s top brands. We are a passionate and close-knit team of 40+ people, with offices in Sydney, Singapore, Amsterdam, Cape Town, Austin and Miami. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a talented senior backend software engineer to make their mark on our product and technology stack that will shape the future trajectory of our business.
We are a values-driven organisation, and our eight Core Values keep us aligned and motivated every day:
- Zero Ego: We’re all equal players. Anyone can have an idea and everyone’s opinion gets a shot
- Think Like A Customer: We want our customers to thrive. Our #1 commitment is to their success.
- Own It: If you have a good idea, run with it. The ball is in your court, ace it.
- Punch Above: Our size doesn’t hold us back. We’ll go against anyone and outperform on agility and skill.
- Have Grit: We strive to win. We are scrappy, resourceful, and determined.
- Laugh Out Loud: Laughter is always heard around our offices. Don’t underestimate the value of a one-liner.
- Build Each Other Up: The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We help each other out and celebrate as a team.
- Do The Right Thing: We are responsible for what we put into the world. We play by the rules, even when it’s easier not to.
Local Measure is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to drive innovation and build our Engage product - a world-class customer experience platform that is enabling top brands to connect with their customers at scale.
Our growing team is seeking a Senior Backend Software Engineer to start our new technology team in Cape Town. You will be reporting to the VP Engineering.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and maintaining the backend infrastructure of our software platform. You will have the opportunity to work on complex projects and contribute to the overall architecture and performance of our systems. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, possesses excellent problem-solving skills, and can work autonomously while collaborating with a diverse, global team.
The ideal candidate will be strategic and technical, with strong business acumen, excellent communication, sharp analytical skills and high energy. We need someone who can roll up their sleeves and contribute individually (#ZeroEgo) but has the aptitude to motivate the team and work with others for continued success. The right person for this position is an independent self-starter who can jump straight in and hit the ground running (#OwnIt), and a generally awesome human.
Day to day you will:
- Design, architect and implement highly scalable engineering solutions using the latest technologies
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and designers to build high-quality products
- Support remediation of production incidents and put learnings into practice for continual improvement.
- Build, monitor, and improve our CI/CD pipelines.
- Drive security and compliance initiatives across the engineering organisation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to keep well informed of new and emerging technologies and frameworks
- Display a flexible attitude with the ability to perform under pressure
- Display a strong commitment to quality through end-to-end development testing practices
- Proven ability to interpret business and technical requirements and translate them into high quality products
- Opportunity to inject industry gained experience into an enthusiastic and growing team
- Proven ability to work in a small fast-paced start-up oriented team
- At least 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer developing in Go
- Strong experience developing technical architectures on AWS and/or Azure
- Strong DevOps experience in an AWS environment
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL or RDBMS
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent communication skills
- AWS Associate, Professional or Specialty certified
- Live by our core values
If you have proven experience #PunchingAbove in these areas (preferably in a relevant business and industry), if this sounds like your idea of fun, and if Local Measure’s core values resonate your own, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
No agencies, please