Local Measure is an exciting B2B technology (SaaS) company building market-leading customer experience software for the world’s top hospitality, tourism, and retail brands. We are a passionate and close-knit team of 50 people, with offices in Sydney, Singapore, Dubai, London, Miami and Phoenix.
We are a values-driven business, and our seven Core Values keep us aligned and motivated every day:
- Zero Ego: We’re all equal players. Anyone can have an idea and everyone’s opinion gets a shot
- Think Like A Customer: We want our customers to thrive. Our #1commitment is to their success.
- Own It: If you have a good idea, run with it. The ball is in your court, ace it.
- Punch Above: Our size doesn’t hold us back. We’ll go against anyone and outperform on agility and skill.
- Have Grit: We strive to win. We are scrappy, resourceful, and determined.
- Laugh Out Loud: Laughter is always heard around our offices. Don’t underestimate the value of a one-liner.
- Build Each Other Up: The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We help each other out and celebrate as a team.
Our clients include Sydney Cricket Ground, Accor, Virgin Hotels and Sydney Opera House and we have an all-star set of investors and advisors, including senior executives from Google, Twitter and Salesforce, to name just a few.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Sydney based engineering team to work on the Local Measure platform. This role would suit someone who is creative and passionate about building great products for our customers, and who wants to push the boundaries and constantly challenge and change our way of thinking.
Key Requirements & Skills
The ideal candidate will have previous work experience with scalable web architectures and will have developed in more than one language. We are looking for:
- Strong software engineering background with experience in Python and/or GoLang
- Experience with MongoDB and Elastic Search
- Understanding of full stack web environments from server infrastructure to front end
- DevOps experience in an AWS environment
- Experience with developing against REST APIs.
- Live by our core values
- Proven ability to work in a small fast-paced start-up oriented team
- Collaboratively interact with other designers, product managers and developers to build high quality products
- Demonstrate a commitment to keep well informed of new and emerging technologies and frameworks
- Design, architect and implement superior scalable technical solutions to engineering problems using the latest technologies
- Display a flexible attitude with the ability to perform under pressure
- Display a strong commitment to quality through end-to-end development testing practices
- Proven ability to interpret business and technical requirements and translate them into high quality products
- Opportunity to inject industry gained experience into an enthusiastic and growing team